It is already a month of discovery and firsts.
I have started the year off with a bang and already done several things that I have never before done. What an experience!
I am a teetotal person, I have zero interest in any kind of substances or drugs (apart from caffeine). This did not, however, stop me from:
- Going to a last-minute party on New Year’s Eve (despite only knowing 2 people there)
- Playing cards against humanity (for the first time)
- Dancing on my friend’s pool table (despite my brain telling me that I would look stupid)
- Attending a nightclub at 2am (even though I’m usually asleep by 22:00)
- Dancing with strangers (who were big on invading personal space)
- Arriving in bed at 5am (without any anxiety)
I have started January off with being super proud of myself. These were things that I have always wondered if I would ever have an opportunity to do (I never did them in my teens/early 20’s). While the jury is still out on whether it was my cup of tea, I have no regrets and remember a night full of fun, laughter and smiles.
For the first time, EVER, I feel as though I have started the New Year off right! Reminding myself occasionally throughout the night that it is okay to just be in the moment and enjoy it for what it is.
I saw in the New Year with friends and strangers who were all superb – it was exactly what was needed.
And then, this morning… I got attention from this Mr.
And while I miss my own boy terribly, I felt comfort from the cuddles I received from this little feline.
I carry your heart
I carry it in my heart